Sunday, January 29, 2012

Young Love (Ladies)

Okay so I'm a senior this year *yay me* and this is one topic that really bugs me. I can't tell you how many people I see on a daily basis saying, "I love him so much! He's my 'boo thang'. We're going to be together forever!!" and then two weeks later they're hanging on someone else saying that other relationship was nothing serious. This is utterly ridiculous! I really wonder if these people can hear the ignorance pouring out their mouths. There's nothing wrong with dating in high school and having a serious relationship. The problem happens when after two days you're claiming that you're in love. So here's my two main reasons why this is a problem:

1. You're in high school. You have you're entire life ahead of you. It makes absolutely no sense to make such statements about your future, when you can't even decide on which earrings match your outfit. Don't try to make such commitments at such a young age. Thing change quickly and unexpectedly. Have fun with your relationships. Even if you do find yourself falling for a guy, maintain your standards. Never let your feelings blind you from the truth, and remember to ride the wave of life and be happy.

2. Love is a game. No it's not a happy thought all the time, but love is a game. You play your cards/assets (you're clothes, eyes, smile, figure, intelligence, etc.), put on your poker face, and see who's brave enough to match your bet. In high school with so much uncertainty surrounding your existence, purpose, and/or future, you're a much weaker player than most guys (since many of them don't give much thought to the future except to see which girls they can/will get). Women are greatly underestimated and many live up to their 'underestimations'. I hate this fact, but I see it so much. I AM NOT saying this is true for all young ladies, but it is true for many. If you want to succeed in life/love you have to learn to play the game and play it well.

Relationships are fun and the attention is awesome, but don't let the need/want for that attention change who you are!!! You have your whole life ahead of you. Don't let love/relationships interfere with your life goals/ambitions. If that relationship is meant to be IT WILL BE. Here's my quote of the day to live by: You is kind, you is smart, you is important!!- The Help

Playlist:
Who You Are- Jessie J
Who's Laughing Now- Jessie J
Perfect- Pink
Best Thing I Never Had- Beyonce
Single Ladies- Beyonce
Irreplaceable- Beyonce
Raining Men- Rihanna ft. Nicki Minaj
Fly- Nick Minaj ft. Rihanna
Take A Bow- Rihanna

*Disclaimer* Everything posted is my own personal opinion/experience. Nothing I have said is directed at anyone in particular. I love you all and wish only to help and advise.

If you have any songs you'd like to add to this advice post them below. Notice that the theme is female empowerment and surviving breakups/bad relationships.



♥ Valencia ♥

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you made a post about this because I completely agree. Honestly, Facebook is filled with statuses like this. Come on people. It's time to be a little sensible :3

    Oh, and I *loved* The Help. Have you seen the movie? ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It is utterly ridiculous. Yes I have I almost cried, and I'm reading the book now!! (:

      Delete